We are seeking a senior quantity surveyor with experience of mechanical & electrical projects to work on a major new construction project in Bedfordshire.
Day to day
- You will be responsible for the claim management for selected subcontract packages, establish necessary documentation and assesses risk as well as incoming and outgoing claim potentials in close coordination with the relevant work package holder
- Document all site related commercial aspects of changes/deviations/claims in close cooperation with the relevant work package holder and project procurement manager
- Participate in regular site meetings in relation to allocated subcontract packages, verify respective minutes of meeting
- Ensure necessary contractual correspondence with allocated subcontract packages are put in place
- Together with work package holder participate in commercial negotiations to reach agreements with subcontractors for allocated packages
- Take advantage of commercial opportunities and minimises commercial risks for the allocated work packages
- Administer payment procedures in accordance with the contract and applicable legislation and issues respective documents correctly and in time
- Inform Site Commercial Manager on a regular basis on commercial risks and opportunities
- Support Site Commercial Manager in the establishment of documentation for insurance purposes
- Maintain constructive relationship within the team, with other site personnel and subcontractors
- Perform role in accordance with applicable Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality (HSEQ) legal requirements and Management System requirements
Who are you working for?
Our client is well respected within their field of expertise with a large proportion of its business being through repeat work. The organisation is professional without being confined to the restrictions and di-rigour of the a large PQS practice.
The Directors take a flexible approach towards management of staff and delivery of services supporting the principles of ‘upside down’ management, supporting and encouraging staff to deliver and excellent service whilst maintaining high quality of standards through training, guidance and mentoring.
The business has been founded on core values of client focus, dedication and excellence of delivery.
- There is no company politics and they truly operate as one business
- There is a great culture in the business, the foundations of which are great communication and the committed and hands-on style of all the Directors
- There is a very low churn rate
- Key accounts and excellence within their chosen sectors are very much the focus of the business
- They support personal development and the rewards for excellent performance are equity which is proven with existing personnel
- Encourage and support social interaction with Clients and fellow employee’s
- Understand the requirements of striking a healthy work/life balance but not to the detriment of service delivery
In summary it’s a company that is well respected by its peers, clients and most of all its employee’s, looking for future growth and expansion for the benefit of Directors and Employee’s a like.
For an initial informal and confidential discussion please contact our Director, Steve Rossiter on 07756656930.